Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: The Acts of a Few
Seamonsters in the Mist
.50 Cal Ammo

Mood: ~*~Thoughtful~*~

[*] posted on 3/12/2012 at 01:36 PM
The Acts of a Few

I was looking at Urban Geocaching Times: Meridian Edition (click here) and was saddened to see that the acts of a few had spoiled the fun for the rest of us. I am all for geocachers logging a DNF when they do not find the geocache. However I think this was taking it to a whole new level. 230 DNF logs by two geocachers over a period of 12 days. I'm not sure how anyone can think that this providing a positive message to anyone or the sport in general.

I hope that somehow the cache owner can get past this and possibly reactivate the geocache for the responsible geocachers in the area to find.

Keep up the great work Chooch72. My hat is off to you.

~*~* Laugh as much as you breathe and Love as long as you live.*~*~

idtimberwolf
55 Gal. Drum

Mood: He who dies with the most caches is not necessarily the winner, he is however still dead

[*] posted on 3/12/2012 at 06:51 PM

OMG, you have got to be kidding me. I am really not surprised by this senseless act considering who it is that posted all the DNFs, this exact person and a few of his comrades is exactly why we donít do much caching anymore as well as a few others have also slowed down or quit completely. WE WANT OUR GAME BACK WITH OUT THIS BUNCH OF GAME KILLERS!!!!!,

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, What a Ride"

THEREíS A FINE LINE BETWEEN COURAGE AND INSANITY.

WENONA..."First born Daughter" born October 16, 2007
Fire Hawk
.30 Cal Ammo

Mood: Lost Need Girl Friend

[*] posted on 3/24/2012 at 11:28 AM

This was a cache that I wanted to visit.
Was it anything like the doctor who cache?

\"Profile

Hey look what I found!!! Oops where did it go???
LoriDarlin
.50 Cal Ammo

Mood: :D

[*] posted on 3/25/2012 at 08:33 AM

Looks like chooch got rid of the postings (I just looked at the page) but I can guess who it was. Another sad tale to add to all the others. They keep adding up.

Profile for LoriDarlin
will4088
55 Gal. Drum

Mood: Willy -- Let's go Caching ‹

[*] posted on 3/26/2012 at 06:58 AM

Well they did it again - complaining about InTheLake's caches resulted in him archiving all his caches - near 100 of them - ???? - I guess they think they own geocaching now - I love caching too much to give it up but this is another dark day for all cachers :(

Profile for will4088
People don't care how much you know untill they know how much you care
idtimberwolf
55 Gal. Drum

Mood: He who dies with the most caches is not necessarily the winner, he is however still dead

[*] posted on 3/26/2012 at 08:17 AM

Time to take back the game, these people and we all know who they are need to be sent a message, IT STOPS NOW...who's in?

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, What a Ride"

THEREíS A FINE LINE BETWEEN COURAGE AND INSANITY.

WENONA..."First born Daughter" born October 16, 2007
DzzyOnes
.30 Cal Ammo

Mood: Live like an angel, die like a devil

[*] posted on 3/26/2012 at 09:19 AM

I am in. :tazz:

"Go BIG or go home!"
Profile for dzzyones

Rebasport
Film Cannister

[*] posted on 3/26/2012 at 12:28 PM
Yep, they need to get a life!

Yep, these guys have ruined it for many people including themselves. They complain that no one puts out caches anymore, gee, let me put my college degrees to test and come up wtih a real crazy thought. Maybe we are SICK AND TIRED of hearing their lies and dealing with the cheating they do. It is real sad to see they have a new member of this group that is now logging the lies too. :catfight:
inthelake
Nano

Mood: good

[*] posted on 3/26/2012 at 03:21 PM

I AGREE with rebasport, they gripe one is putting out caches then then ido i was told i was encroching on there art peice. so i took down all my caches out there. its sad that four cachers now a new one has join the group so it is really five can chase off 100rdes of good cachers don't know if it will do any good but every one need to start sending a email to ground speak every time one of these cachers put bad or demening logs on your caches, gwet caches archived your drive recklessy we all know who this was putting other cachers indanger or write bad name about another cacher write write write until ground speak takes care of trhe problem obne of these even put out a fake cache so a cacher would log it and then they could say she stoled the cache that was not even there strait from the mouth of one of his buddys!!!!!Text
Rebasport
Film Cannister

[*] posted on 3/26/2012 at 04:14 PM
That special cache

He sure went to a lot of work to create a HUGE LIE about that cache. (Still laughing my butt off at his behavior) He even posted numerous lies defending it until his "buddy" let the community know he was lying. Why would your own friend rat you out? Guess there is no honor among thieves after all! Boy, they sure like to play the victim though. Complain cuz they don't have caches to find, then lie and cheat on those that people take time and effort to place. Why bother?
macpacfam
55 Gal. Drum

Mood: Wicked! ;)

[*] posted on 3/29/2012 at 08:10 PM

Ok. Got into the thread waaaaaaaay too late. Read the posts and now we have a good cache disabled because of a few schmucks? Lemme attem. Lemme attem.:boxing: I take a little time off to build up my winter coat and look what happens.
IDTW is correct. We can't let a few wannabes ruin our fun. My thoughts; they are kids (mentally and not necessarily physically) who stumbled on the game, ran a few cache runs and thought this was fun. Then they decided to up their game by false logging and got caught. So instead of taking their lumps like a man, they do the spam thingy.
I have been in this game for a number of years. I've had the utmost pleasure of meeting IDTW, ToniIdaho and Hunter, Will4088, Gasamp, BumbleBug, and helped a few others to a cache that I did not catch their name. I have yet to run into someone that is so smug to not introduce themselves, ask who I am, state they may or may not know of me, and overall, be the most kind cacher when I am having troubles on a cache and ask for help.
I do not, repeat, do not appreciate schmucks who ruin my best form of family entertainment and will do my best to stop each and every attempt to drag our good names through the perverbile mud. This just burns me up.
It would nice to get someone involved to kick them out of the game once and for all.

Profile for macpacfam

Go To Top