Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: River Cacher Passes Away
Drango
.50 Cal Ammo

Mood: :monkey:

GC.gif posted on 1/23/2011 at 12:57 PM
River Cacher Passes Away

Good morning my friends. I have some news to share that broke my heart when I heard it and I wanted to let everyone know. As most of us know, my best friend, Mike Davis, AKA River Cacher, has been battling lung cancer for some time now. With all our prayers and love from his friends and family and his own will to live, he has fought the good fight for many months now. This morning, the cancer got the better of him and he passed away. I ask that we all take a moment and say a prayer for Mike and his family and especially his 3 daughters, Sara, Rashell and Shayann. Mike was a great man, loved by all and will be sorely missed. Thank you.

***To the world you may be just one person, but to one person you may be the world.***

Profile for Drango
mccall_maandpa
.30 Cal Ammo

Mood: restin up!!!

[*] posted on 1/23/2011 at 02:02 PM

He is going to be missed by all of us who got to know and love Mike. I know he and his family appreciated your help during these last few months. You have been a true friend to Mike and his family. Our hearts go out to his family. Remember the good times!!! That is what he would have wanted us to do.

livin, lovin, laughin, cachin
grampapa
55 Gal. Drum

Mood: confused,,I think

[*] posted on 1/23/2011 at 02:50 PM

Mike was a great guy
and a dedicated father
as well as a seemingly tireless geocacher.

He will be missed and remembered.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family

Profile for grampapa
Seamonsters in the Mist
.50 Cal Ammo

Mood: ~*~Thoughtful~*~

[*] posted on 1/23/2011 at 06:03 PM

Sorry to hear that. Condolences to his family especially his girls.

~*~* Laugh as much as you breathe and Love as long as you live.*~*~

MaSpud
.50 Cal Ammo

Mood: Caching now from Texas!

[*] posted on 1/23/2011 at 08:31 PM

Will4088 called and informed me that Mike had passed away this morning. We had some great times camping and caching with Mike and the girls. Our heart goes out to those little ones now that their daddy is no longer with them. We pray they will have comfort in knowing he is no longer suffering. We shall also pray that their family will take care of them. Not sure if their mother will now take over their daily care, but my guess is she will. I would bet Mike made some kind of provision for his family to make sure those little girls are taken care of. How sad, how sad.

Would like to know if the geocaching community is going to take a collection or send flowers or whatever ..... we would like to be included if somebody would just let us know. I will keep checking the Forum.

Mike provided a lot of geocaches and events for us all to enjoy. I am sure the Idaho/Oregon geocachers will feel the loss of his presence in the geocaching community. We lost a dedicated cacher today.

Profile for MaSpud
Seven Valleys
.30 Cal Ammo

Mood: frustrated

[*] posted on 1/23/2011 at 09:03 PM

Mike was a great guy. He will be greatly missed. Please keep his daughters in your prayers as they deal with the loss. God bless you Mike.

My vote is for sale. Apparently it was not worth much
N2life
.30 Cal Ammo

Mood: Happy!

[*] posted on 1/23/2011 at 09:20 PM

There simply isn't words to say how sad we are that he is gone or how much we will miss him. We were so lucky to have him in our lives the much to short of time that that we did. Prayers for his friends and family and for all of us that must now learn how to go on without him.

Let's go!
Fire Hawk
.30 Cal Ammo

Mood: Lost Need Girl Friend

[*] posted on 1/23/2011 at 10:10 PM

It was a shock to me to hear this news even though we thought for a time he wouldn't be here for Christmas, we knew it was coming, something we didn't want to hear.

Our prayers and thoughts are with yours.

Personally I feel a tribute cache and plaque is in order perhaps at his first cache find location.

As nearly as I can tell it was GCG34W. But who knows for him it wasn't the numbers. This guy gave and placed caches and events for
Others to enjoy. He loved kids and adults alike.

My eyes and heart are flooding over.

We miss you River Cacher.. We cannot say enough!!!:beerchug::beerchug::beerchug:

\"Profile

Hey look what I found!!! Oops where did it go???
night stalker
.50 Cal Ammo

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 1/24/2011 at 08:03 AM

Mike was going to meet me one of these days at my favorite fishing hole so we could do some fishing together. I am sad to say that he we never got the chance. He became ill shortly after we had talked about it. I would like to think that he is fishing now in heaven.

Lost? Keep going. You are making good time anyway!

Profile for Night Stalker
will4088
55 Gal. Drum

Mood: Willy -- Let's go Caching

[*] posted on 1/24/2011 at 01:00 PM

Mike has been a great friend and we will miss him but he will always be with us where ever we go caching - Thanks Mike :cool: -- May your family be comforted knowing you are always there watching down on us --- Loren, Belinda and Willy / The Three W's :scoob:

Profile for will4088
People don't care how much you know untill they know how much you care

Go To Top